Want to know about updates, news and special offers?
Buy a License
Like to know more about ?
You can read the PDF User Guide online and know in details how the app works
Cronette it's a software to specify tasks to be launched automatically by the Mac.
It can be used on unattended Mac Servers or also on regular Mac workstations for tasks to execute during the night or for recurring tasks to be performed on a regular basis.
It provides different type of launch tasks and any task can be specified to launch different type of execution.
Optimized for Mac OS X 10.7 Lion, uses the latest Apple technology when running on the latest Mac OS X Lion release:
- Auto Resume: the app will reopen at the point and state the user left it
- Auto save: the app saves using the Mac OS X Lion autosave functionality
- Versions: the user can look at previous versions of documents and restore to any earlier version
How it works in details:
- All the tasks inside Cronette are represented in a document table. The task is visualized in a master and details interface (the well know layout used in a multitude of Mac software, the user selects the task in the master table and he can see and edit details visualized under the table)
- User can insert in a document how many tasks he likes
- User can assign to a task a name and a note to recognize it
The user can select for a task to run, different time plan type:
- Daily running at any day
- Weekly: specifying which day of any week to run
- Monthly: specifying which day of any month to run
- Yearly: specifying month and day to run
- Up to ten different time to run in the days of the daily/weekly/monthly/yearly plan
- To run at the document opening, if the daily/weekly/monthly/yearly plan matches with the current day and if the max run per day specified was not reached.
The last feature is useful to perform recurring activities as backups, report creations, emails sending and any other tasks you want to perform not based on time but as example when you shutdown your Mac and only in the days you specify
The user can select which action to perform when the task is launched
- Select a document or a application or a script to launch using a selection dialog, as example creating backup archives with DMG Master
- Opening different type of URLs
- Execute different actions such as restarting, shutting down, sleeping or just sending a message to the log
- Executing unix commands directly from Cronette
Cronette will launch the tasks in background when scheduled. No further actions required.
Cronette add to basic functionalities additional peculiarities:
- Allows to specify a task using Mac standard Cocoa controls (no coding required)
- Instant diagnostic of task as they are inserted, showing errors presence (wrong path, incomplete time execution input and so on..)
- Display of 'runnable' task and 'non runnable' task to better understand what you have inside documents
- Shows the chronological schedule for any separate task
- Shows the chronological schedule for all the tasks combined, inside a user selected time interval. The user can watch the future...
- Display executed process in a separate log Window for any documents
- It's document based, allowing to have different tasks grouped in separate documents set
- Can operate Cronette as a Utility tool simply using just one document and having it opened at startup without further actions (preference option)